20 Inspirational Sales Quotes and What They Mean for Your Team
To succeed in sales, you need a thick skin. Otherwise, you wouldn’t last long in a profession where you’re either being interrogated by a cautious prospect or you’re just totally ignored.
We all get stuck in a rut at work, every now and then, but in a profession like sales where a positive frame of mind is essential, you need a bit of inspiration, advice and motivation.
Here, we’ve gathered together 20 of the best sales quotes and how they could inspire your sales team:
- "Treat objections as requests for further information."Brian Tracy, author and sales expert - click to tweet
- "90% of selling is conviction and 10% is persuasion."Shiv Khera, author and self-help expert - click to tweet
- "One of the best predictors of ultimate success … isn't natural talent or even industry expertise, but how you explain your failures and rejections."Daniel H. Pink, author of five books about business, work and management - click to tweet
- "To build a long-term, successful enterprise, when you don't close a sale, open a relationship."Patricia Fripp, executive speech coach and sales presentation skills trainer - click to tweet
- “Value the relationship more than making your quota.”Jeff Gitomer, author and sales blogger - click to tweet
- “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes but they don’t quit.”Conrad Hilton, American hotelier and the founder of the Hilton Hotels chain. - click to tweet
- “How you think when you lose determines how long it will be until you win.”Gilbert K Chesterton, writer, poet and philosopher - click to tweet
- “Don’t sell life insurance. Sell what life insurance can do.”Ben Feldman, American businessman and one of the most prolific salespeople in world history - click to tweet
- “It’s not your customer’s job to remember you. It is your obligation and responsibility to make sure they don’t have the chance to forget you.”Patricia Fripp, executive speech coach and sales presentation skills trainer - click to tweet
- “Nobody likes to be sold, but everyone likes to buy.”Dr Earl Taylor, trainer in leadership, sales and interpersonal and communications skills - click to tweet
- “Most people think ‘selling’ is the same as ‘talking’. But the most effective salespeople know that listening is the most important part of their job.”Roy Bartell, sales expert - click to tweet
- “Sales are contingent on the attitude of the salesman, not the attitude of the prospect”.William Clement Stone, businessman, philanthropist and author - click to tweet
- “As marketing converges with customer service and sales, marketing today is more about helping and less about hyping.”Joel Book, Salesforce - click to tweet
- “Outbound prospecting is all about quality, not quantity.”Aaron Ross, author of Predictable Revenue - click to tweet
- “B2B customers want to see a lot of value before buying more. That requires a company-wide effort.”Todd Berkowitz, research director, Gartner - click to tweet
- “Engaging people is about meeting their needs – not yours.”Tony Robbins, motivational speaker - click to tweet
- “The best salespeople know that their expertise can become their enemy in selling. At the moment they are tempted to tell the buyer what "he needs to do," they instead offer a story about a peer of the buyer.”
Mike Bosworth, author of Solution Selling - click to tweet
- “There is incredible power in leading with research and leading with relevance.”Kraig Kleeman, author of The Must-React System - click to tweet
- “People don’t buy for logical reasons. They buy for emotional reasons.”Zig Ziglar, author, salesman, and motivational speaker - click to tweet
- “A good listener is not only popular everywhere, but after a while he knows something.”Wilson Mizner, playwright - click to tweet
Encourage your team to listen more and talk less. Not only will this lead to them better understanding the marketplace and industry pain points, but they’ll be liked and trusted more by prospects and customers.
To find out more about sales best practice, read our guides, The Real Cost of Poor Prospecting and the Best Practices of Winning Sales Professionals and Phrases Proven to Kill Rapport and Engagement.What’s your favorite sales quote? Share yours below.